Do you want to buy quality budget-friendly knives for the kitchen? But don’t get any? Don’t worry. This article is just for you to solve your problem. A quality knife is expensive if you think like this, then this article will prove you wrong. This article will suggest you the best chef knife under 50, why they are best, how to choose, and the details of them.
Our Selected Top 10 Chef Knife under 50
Victorinox fibrox pro knife: The Most Affordable Quality Knife
This knife is one of the most popular knives among home chefs and professionals. It is a product of Switzerland and the quality is also amazing. Victorinox crafted this product since 1884.
- The blade is made of stainless steel and 7.9 inches long.
- Resistant to rust and corrosion. Cuts anything easily.
- The blade is razor-sharp and laser-tested
- This blade helps to mince, cut, and chop anything effortlessly.
- Standard straight edge and extra-wide blade with dishwater safety
- Non-slip ergonomic handle
- This handle is secure for every hand no matter whatever the hand size is
- The fantastic shape of handle will give you an ease to work
- Designed for all tasks to do comfortably
- Weight is only 7.5oz
- Blade material: Stainless steel
- Ergonomic handle: made from thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) which made it non slip even in wet condition.
- Also made with safe dishwasher materials for cleaning.
- Rarely need sharpening
- Amazing black handle
- Excellent swiss quality
- There is no doubt of sharpness
- You don’t need to sharp regularly
- 100% rust resistant
- Comfortable handle. Best for carving meet without pressure
- Well balancing and the weight is comparatively light which makes it easy to use
- The weight is distributed evenly so you can work with this knife confidently
- Don’t need to sharpen. If you need to sharp, it is effortless to do
- You can cut a paper and even thin slice tomato whatever you want without any effort
- The handle has a slightly rough texture to make it non-slippery
- Comes in plastic packaging. So you have to be very careful while unboxing this.
Mosfiata: The Super Sharp Knife ever
This knife is also famous among professional chefs. This is a perfect knife for restaurant and home. You can use it for your daily kitchen tasks very quickly. You can use it for cutting, dicing, chopping, mincing any kind of fruits, vegetables, meat, cheese, butter, etc. it’s length is 8 inches. It comes with a finger protector and a sharpener.
- The blade is made of stainless steel.
- The thickness of the edge only 2.5 mm which makes to cut effortlessly
- Hand polished edge by experts
- 14 to 16-degree angle of the blade edge in each side
- Sharp enough to cut anything smoothly
- The handle helps you to work with ease
- Your hand size will not matter for comfortable using
- If you use the knife for a long time, there will be no fatigue pain in your palm
- You can work effortlessly and securely
- There is a bolster which added the handle and blade and helped to cut without giving more strength
- The blade is made of high-quality stainless steel
- Hand polished edge
- Secured by triple rivet design
- The handle is made from Santoprene.
- TPR-coated polypropylene handle
- Non-stick blade coating
- Ergonomic handle has textured finger points
- It has longer edge than any ordinary knife
- Has dishwasher material safety
- Multi-functional design
- Rust-resistant and also helps to prevent corrosion and discoloration
- Solid handle, comfortable and good grip
- Very sharp and sturdy
- Comes in a beautiful black box with a knuckle guard and a knife sharpener.
- Balance feels spot on
- Can be the best gift for your loving one
- Helps to cut anything effortlessly
- Don’t need any extra sharpener for sharpening
- Printed design
- The mosfiata logo is not aesthetically pleasing
Imarku Chef’s knife: Recommended by Professionals
Imarku gyutou knife is a top-rated knife among professional chefs, food caterers, and ordinary people. It is a multipurpose knife and designed for cutting, chopping, mincing, dicing, slicing vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, and any other products.
- The blade is 2.3 mm thick.
- Approximately 0.6% to 0.75% carbon is added for sharpness and durability, making it two times harder than other knives.
- Sharp enough for Multi-functional use. You can cut the tough meat and can separate the fish flesh from bone.
- The length of the handle is 5 inch and it is made from a wooden material
- The ergonomic handle is designed to minimize fatigue, finger numbness, and aches after holding it
- You can work as long as you continuously want without any palm pain.
- The handle is made from Pakka. It is a material of Africa, and it is well known for its comfort, strength, and stability.
- The steel blade is consists of 16 to 18% chrome material and also 0.6 to 0.75% carbon.
- Manufactured from high-quality stainless steel
- Multipurpose knife for professional application
- 16 to 18% chrome is added which gives a glossy finish for a long time even after doing the tough tasks
- German technology used for sharpening the blade
- Weight is only 0.8 pounds and it is evenly distributed
- The blade is resistant to rust and erosion
- Easy to use and well balancing
- The thick and hard blade
- You can easily sharpen the blade at home
- The packaging of the knife is impressing and an indication of good quality
- Don’t feel pain after continuous use for a long time
- You cannot use your hand to test the hardness of the blade
- It is not suitable for slicing through frozen foods. It may lose its sharpness
Professional Damascus chef’s knife: First Choice of Chefs
The professional Damascus chef knife is one of the most popular knives. It is a multi-functional knife used by professionals and ordinary cooks. It is a perfect knife for daily kitchen work. Cutting, chopping, dicing, slicing, and mincing all you can do by it.
- 12-degree super razor-sharp edge which makes it super sharp
- Handmade, HRC 62 Rockwell hardness which makes it durable and long-lasting
- 67 Layer Damascus steel for precision
- Sharpness can remain even for 6 months
- VG10 Super steel Damascus is used for the blade
- Ergonomically designed handle to work without giving so much pressure
- You can cut anything you want
- Superior controlling system
- The pakka wood handle helps to work comfortably
- It does not become slippery even it is wet
- You can work effortlessly
- The blade is made of stainless steel
- The handle is made from pakka wood which is a product of Africa. This wood is very famous for its sturdy, smoothness.
- Best knife for both kitchen and restaurant
- You can work without any fatigue for a long time
- The length of the product is perfect for everyone. Does not matter the palm size
- Handmade, 100% surety of quality
- Cutting core with incredibly edge retention
- You can slice fruits, vegetables, fish, meat, etc. whatever you want
- You can easily sharpen the blade at home if you need
- Multi folding steps of steel
- The dark wooden style handle feels excellent to hold
- It comes in a beautiful box and the best gift for your loving one
- It is not appropriate for cutting frozen food.
- Do not slap anything with a blade.
- The blade can be blunt. Do not use a rough, sharpening stone or rod.
Kitory cleaver knife: Ideal Knife for Daily Use
This is an ideal cleaver knife that you can use for multi-functional purposes such as cutting, chopping, slicing, dicing, mincing, etc. If you want to slice meat, this knife will be the perfect option for you. It is going to be an excellent addition to your kitchen.
- The blade length is 7 inch
- The blade is exceptionally sharp
- Made from German-quality stainless steel
- You can use for slicing vegetables, fruits, meat, fish whatever you want without giving so much effort
- The cutting edge is horned to reach 15 degree per side which makes it sharper than typically grounded 20-22 degree
- The pakka wood handle provides a non-slip and comfortable grip
- The handle is easy to hold
- You will not feel tired after using a long time
- Even it is wet it will not slip from your hand
- The blade is made from German-quality stainless steel, which is resistant to rust and protects it from corrosion.
- The handle is made from pakka wood which originates in Africa. It is prevalent for comfort and sturdiness.
- The blade is wide enough to slice anything with ease.
- Very lightweight and weight is evenly distributed
- This knife shows a long-lasting performance. You don’t have to worry about honing it often after using a long time.
- Super-sharp blade and ergonomic handle
- Feels great in the hand
- Good weight, and it is evenly distributed
- Comes in a fantastic box. It can be a great gift option for your loving one to impress
- Ideal for daily use and also being used by professionals
- You cannot use glass as a cutting surface
- Don’t use to cut frozen food it can be bunt
Kitory chef’s knife: The Perfect One
You may see many VG-10 Damascus knife in the market. But a maximum of them is fake. These knives are very cheap and they are not real. Don’t trust them. But this kitory chef’s knife is a 100% VG-10 Damascus knife.
Price: The price of the product is only $55.95
- Handmade blade grinding has incredible sharpness
- 46 mm deep blade
- Well printed design
- Mirror polish cutting edge ensuring incredible cutting smoothness
- You can effortlessly cut and slice fruits, vegetables, fish, meat, bread, etc. whatever you want
- The line of the blade is a perfect fit for western people
- Ergonomic handle design
- One of the best knife handle material is used full tang G10 handle
- Offers you extreme comfort and control
- Ensuring maximum pleasure while preparing your meal
- Balances perfectly around the bolster meaning
- Minimal wrist fatigue and incredible control
- Real Japanese VG-10 Damascus steel
- 67 layers of high carbon stainless steel with a Rockwall hardness HRC 62
- Classical pattern
- Handle material is the best material G10
- Best handmade blade grinding and G10 handle
- Offering a pure style and efficiency
- The blade is super strong, durable and controlling
- Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture
- Have military-grade strength and life-long durability
- Stain and rust-resistant
- Low maintenance and ease of use
- Outstanding premium packaging
- Weight is only 1.2 pounds and it is evenly distributed
- Extremely impressive for professional use
- Provides a lifetime warranty
- Excellent grip and professional grade
- Outstanding packaging makes it a perfect gift for anyone. The package includes 1 pc 8 inches kitory Damascus chef’s knife, kitory menu guide, kitory VIP guide, customized cleaning cloth.
- The printed blade may not be preferable for all people
- Only one color option
- You cannot use glass as a cutting surface
Livanchi Damascus chef knife: An All-rounder Knife
One of the best Damascus chef knife. The total length of the knife is 12.9 inches. The blade length is 7.75 inches. Handle length is 5.15 inches. Width 1.85 inches. Net weight 262 gm. Thickness 2 mm. Hardness 60+_2 inch HRC
Price: the price of the product is only $49.99 at amazon.com
- Super sharp edges and perfect curvature
- Hand-finished to a mirror polish t 8-12 degree
- Razor sharped forge-edged is easy for cutting
- You can slice, chop, cut, dice, mince whatever you want
- The blade is so sharp that you can use delicate fish, slice fruits, vegetables, meat, bread, etc.
- Premium G-10 handle
- The ergonomic handle is designed for superior control, agility, and control
- If you use for a long time you will not feel tired
- Non-slippery even it is wet
- Does not matter your hand size, right, left or where you grip
- Made of high quality 67 layers Japanese Damascus steel. It makes the knife exceptionally sharp, resists rust and stain. Gives long time protection from discoloration
- Handle material Prime G-10 handle which gives comfort to the user
- Super Japanese Damascus steel
- Perfect curvature
- Ultra-premium G-10 handle
- Hand-finished edge
- Super sharp edges
- 2 mm blade thickness
- Multi-functional knife. perfect one for all kinds of work
- The package includes: frosted protective case, Premium matte gift box, red suede protection inside
- Quality steel, gorgeous handle, perfect balance, and wicked sharp edge
- Excellent and comfortable grip to hold
- The cut with this knife is smooth and effortless
- Sharpness is superb and unbeatable
- Comes in a high-quality black box
- Be careful while using and storing the knife
- Keep away from children
- The marking of jet black on the blade may look to you as watercolor
Why will you choose a budget knife?
Best chef knife under 50? Are they really good or not? You may think of all these questions about why you will select the budget knife. We did a lot of research to find out why and finally found why to choose a budget knife. The reasons are:
- Affordable price: the first reason to choose a budget knife is the affordable price. You don’t have to spend so much money to buy a knife. You can save your money for other purposes.
- Comfortable: there is always a matter of comfort when you use a knife. If you don’t feel comfortable, you can’t work correctly. Moreover, you may have accidents. But the budget knife is so convenient to do any work like chopping, slicing, cutting, etc.
- Handy: they are comfortable to hold. Many knives are so tough to manage because of the bigger handle. But these budget knives are convenient.
- Sharpness: sharpness is an essential thing for a knife. We know the blade of an inexpensive knife becomes blunt quickly. But you can sharp these at home very easily and can work faster than an expensive one. So you don’t have to worry about sharpness.
How to choose the best one?
If you are determined to buy a budget knife, it’s time to know the tips to determine the best chef knife under 50.
- Weight: usually, 180 grams to 250 grams is the ideal weight of a chef knife. Take it in your hand, feel the weight. If it feels too much heavy avoid it.
- Size: the knives used by professionals can be of 12 to 13 inches long. But for regular cooking 8 inches, long knives are perfect. If you think you have to deal with bigger-sized food, you can go with the big-sized knife. But many authorities don’t allow the big size knife for home cooking. Don’t worry about that. 8 inches long knife is best for cutting the smallest to the biggest one.
- Cutting edge: cutting edge is the most important thing while buying a knife. Steel is the best option as the cutting edge. There are two types of steel we can generally see: stainless steel and high-carbon steel. Both are good. You can randomly choose one.
- Stainless steel edge: Stainless steel contains a minimum of 12% chromium and you may know that chromium helps to resist rust and helps to protect from corrosion. So you can easily sharp the edge.
- High-carbon steel: high-carbon steel edge is also rust and corrosion-resistant. But these are harder than stainless steel. So it is also sharper than the stainless steel even it remains to sharpen for a longer time. But it is more dangerous to cause an accident. So if you buy a high-carbon steel edge, you have to be more careful to play with it.
- Try the knife: To make sure the sharpness of the blade, it is better to check it on a white paper, cut the paper with the blade, and see the result. If it cut the paper smoothly, you can choose it. If you have the opportunity to try on food, definitely check the blade.
- Bolster or not: bolster is the joining of the handle and the blade. It is made of metal. It gives strength while using the blade. But some knife may not bolster. So you can sharp full blade in that case. If you think about the strength, you can choose a knife with a bolster, or if you want to use a full blade you can avoid bolster. So this ultimately depends on your choice.
What knife should a chef have?
Answer: A chef have to cook different kinds of food. A chef’s knife is the most important thing for a chef in the kitchen. He also should have a paring knife and a serrated knife. These knives are crucial for a chef
What is the difference between a chef’s knife and a santoku knife?
Answer: The main difference between a chef’s knife and a santoku knife is its shape. These knives have different sharpening techniques. There is a pointed tip on the blade of a chef’s knife, but the vtip is absent in the santoku knife.
You may also like –
How long is a chef knife?
Answer: A chef knife can be of different lengths. But almost all the chef knives are 8 inches in length. It is the perfect length for daily use in the kitchen and also for the professionals. The range of the length is 6-14 inches.
Does chef knife length include handle?
Answer: No, absolutely not. The chef knife’s length is the blade length. It does not include the handle length. If someone says chef knife is 8 inches long it means the blade length of the chef knife is 8 inch
Did you enjoy this article? If you read this thoroughly, you will be much benefitted. We tried to present a 100% authentic and budget-friendly product for you. May this article help you choose the best chef knife under 50 for you to make your kitchen work more easy and comfortable. Then what are you waiting for, select one, and order now?